2014 CAMS Series (Central AL)
 CAMP closing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pinckard9
Pro

836 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2010 :  11:29:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit pinckard9's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Due to personal reasons, it is necessary to close CAMP MX. I have had a good 5 year run as a track owner despite some bumps along the way.
I would like to thank Noah and Sarah, Allen and Jamie McWilliams, Troy Miller, Kris and Billy Faulkner, Joel Jackson, Dennis Aikins, Tom Brinkman and Todd Workman for their help and guidance over the years. I wish each of the guys and gals the best of luck in this economy, its tough.
Most importantly, I want to thank each and every one of you for your support over the last 5 years. We have laughed together and cried together. These things I will carry with me forever.
I am heart broken in one sense and excited in another as I will have more time to spend with my kids, promote projects and races I have not had the time to do and throw a leg over a bike again. Motocross is a large part of who I am and always will be. I will still be here for CAMS and any other promoter or track owner that needs help, just give me a call. I look forward to the future and seeing you guys at the races from one side of the fence or the other.
I have two races left this year, the September 5th race will be held at Monster Mountain and the October 3rd race will be held at Millcreek. Hope you can join us.

pinckard9
Pro

836 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2010 :  12:58:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit pinckard9's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, this is an emotional topic for me and I need to thank a few more people. I also want to thank Bill Manley, Greg Cole and family, yeah that means you too Mason, Joseph Bonecello (JB) of Jb Waste Connection, your my "dawg" lol, Jeff Wainwright, Richard Carter from Powersports Supply, Montgomery Honda Yamaha, Adam's Motorsports, Pete Winfield of Security Contractors and Lowndes County.
Track crew: All my flaggers, you guys are some of the best in the state, Hugh Gatlin,Scott Crews and family, Kent Jones and Paw paw, Kenny Stinson and family, Mike Blankenship, Marshall, Johnny Wheatley, all of Noah's flaggers, Allen Bohannon, Tangie Horton, Angie and Reggie Bearden, Josh, the Neighbors at the first CAMP and anybody else I can't think of.
Lastly, my close friends who have offered those words of advice and support for well over 20 years, Mike Bechard (get ready for #9 again buddy), Chet Pebworth (my second dad and the best 2 stroke mechanic on the planet) and Austin Pebworth (teach me that whip!)
Also my kids, Ashleigh, Austin and Anna. They have patiently sat in bleachers, at home or under Vicki Webber's, Tom Brinkman's or Michael Blankenships tent. Well except Anna, who was also assistant track manager and promoter. Thanks to everyone who either made or kept this dream alive. It isn't goodbye, its see you later.
Go to Top of Page

pinckard9
Pro

836 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2010 :  1:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit pinckard9's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lastly, JMR Powersports, Matt Ander with Iprosper and Jammie Greene with Bama MX for all you do to spread the word.
Go to Top of Page

jehweld
Pro-Am

289 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2010 :  3:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Adam for being a great promoter and track owner a person who cared enough to spend the money and the time to bring another great facility to Alabama. Thanks for letting me and my family be apart of it. I wish you the best and if you ever need me or my family you know just to pick up that phone and call we will be there for you Thanks again Adam tell my girl Anna I will be seeing her at the tracks and I will bring candy take care. Tangie and family #715
Go to Top of Page

TomB
Administrator

1550 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2010 :  12:45:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Adam, we're all going to hate to see you step out of the ranks of track owners. Nobody cared more or tried harder to put on a good show for his customers.

But as sad as it is to see CAMP close, it sure is great to see you back on a bike again. Seeing you having a blast ripping up the track the other day on a 250 two-stroke was good for the soul.

Alabama has lost a great track owner but gained a great (well pretty good) rider!

I'm really looking forward to seeing you on the track mixing it up next weekend with the other CAMS riders. I think it will be a treat for everyone - especially those who know how hard you worked to share your passion for motocross with your customers.

You deserve a break Adam - best wishes my friend!

Tom B.

Tom Brinkman
Monster Actions Sports, LLC
http://www.monstermx.com
Visit the Monster Mountain MX Facebook page!
www.adamsmotorsports.com
www.montgomeryhondayamaha.com

(334)318-8475
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
JMR PowerSports © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000